Tuesday 12 November 2013

Double Snow Day!!!

On Sunday, I finally got my dream Double Snow Day!

Here's how it happened.

Snow #1 -  I was in the car, heading for the Lower Mission area in Kelowna. On the way, I was scanning the hundreds of Canada Geese in the farm fields along Gordon Road. Finally I found something interesting; there was a nice immature Snow Goose within the Canadas! My third Snow Goose of the year. I positively don't think this was the same one at Munson Pond two weeks ago. It looked whiter.

Snow #2 - My destination in the Lower Mission was the OKM school, where I play sports on Sundays. Today, we ( the group of players I was with ) didn't have access to the gym, so we opted to play road hockey in the parking lot. I was goalie, and me ( always listening for random birds overhead ) caught something calling. That something was really someone, or three someones, as I was hearing three Snow Bunting flying up in the sky! I craned my neck up, but the goalie mask does not allow the art of looking up for birds. In a restricted field of view ( looking dead straight, like a race horse ) I opted to just listen to my year bird - and BC Lifer- fade away in the distance.

Double Snow Day - ACHEIVED!!!

Snow Bunting : Okanagan lifer = 244, Okanagan Year Bird = 236
                          British Columbia lifer = 276, BC Year Bird = 262
                          Overall ( BC & Las Vegas ) Year Bird = 303

No comments:

Post a Comment