Tuesday 24 December 2013

Yard Bird #113

Now don't get your hopes up - this is not the long-awaited Christmas Bird Count blog post. This is, however, a post about birds...... near Christmas....... and I counted them.

Today, at around 12:30pm, I finally found a new bird for the yard list after several months without one. I was sitting in the truck at the bottom of the driveway, and I glanced up at the 35+ Canada Geese flying past. In the flock was my new yard bird : Snow Goose! I was elated as the sun shone on the bird's black wing-tips and white body before the group of geese fell out of sight behind the trees. I didn't have my camera on hand, so I do not have a picture for you. Sorry! ( Cue the LOUD booing. )

Yard list - + Snow Goose = 113 species

Also in the area were around 40 Bohemian Waxwings jovially playing about on the top of a huge conifer, and 3 Bald Eagles surfing the sky, joined by 2 Red-tailed Hawks.

Thanks for looking, and please keep from exploding as you wait for the bird count reports. Again, thank you for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment