Friday 22 August 2014

An interesting, but wonderful, day

Yesterday was an interesting and equally successful day for me. It started off at 10:45 a.m. when after a dentist appointment I just thought to check out a local birding spot in Kelowna ( Munson Pond ), because the weather looked good for migrants. What was sitting on a bush when I got there? A Brewer's Sparrow, a Central Okanagan region lifer! Later on in the day, I checked out another local birding hotspot located at the mouth of Mission Creek. Upon reaching the beach, I dismayingly noticing a cacophony of people, dogs, and boats. But what's sitting on the sandbar only feet from the running children? A Sanderling! Rare away from the coast, that was an Okanagan lifer!

Isn't that birding though; go figure?! :lol: :D

I just thought I'd share this story, not only for the humor, but for an example of birding in general. One day you'll out intent on finding birds, and the next you'll be strolling down a wooded path for leisure, and find something rare.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment