Sunday 26 October 2014

C'est Arriver

C'est Arriver? What in the world? It translate to "it has arrived" in French. You'll ask the obvious questions : "What has arrived?", "What context is that in?", "When did what arrive?!" Well, the simple answer to all those questions is the Canon 400 f/5.6 L Prime super-telephoto lens, and it arrived last Thursday. A mouthful to say and a whole lot of money to purchase.

I've been wanting this particular lens for the last two years now, and I have scraping up as much money as I could toward it. I thought the day would never come, but on October 16th, 2014, the call came in from the local London Drugs, "It's here". "What?!?!" Just the night before, I purchased the lens online, and it was estimated to take at least a week to get here. So, a day later - yes, the next day, I was in somewhat of a state of shock when I heard the news that it had arrived prematurely. You bet I rushed down there as quick as I could to go pick it up, and only 21 hours after I ordered it, at last, I had my hands on a brand new Canon 400 f/5.6 lens!

For me, I wanted my first shot with my new rig to be somewhat special, so when I heard that a Lesser Black-backed Gull was showing nicely in Penticton, that was almost too much bait not to dive in for! A possible B.C. lifer, plus a chance for my first picture ever taken with the lens to be a rare bird, was making me decide rashly to hit the road and head down there... stay tuned...

Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment