Thursday 31 October 2013

Photography equipment, bird shots, and lens discussion

My photography configuration consists of the Canon t1i body and Canon 75-300mm lens ( also known as the worst lens 'ever' made by Canon ).

I think not! This lens is affordable, compact, takes good quality photos, and creates a beautiful bokeh if the conditions are right. It has nice contrast and its focal length is very capable.

But, there are some "not so good" qualities about this lens. If there is any sun, every picture taken has a purple and green line around everything. Not so good. Also, the focus ring doesn't have the range of focus I like; not specific enough, but all in all, it has great value if you're looking for an affordable, smallish, hobby lens. For me, it has worked brilliantly. Even though in the next year I would like to upgrade, this lens has done fantastic. Really, it has; here are some of my best shots with the Canon 75-300 lens :


Western Tanager - my house, Kelowna, B.C.


Barrow's Goldeneye - Glenmore Pathway, Kelowna, B.C.


Yellow-headed Blackbird - Rotary Marsh, Kelowna, B.C.


White-breasted Nuthatch - Robert Lake, Kelowna, B.C.


White-crowned Sparrow - my house, Kelowna, B.C.


American White Pelican - Salmon Arm Bay, Salmon Arm, B.C.


Cedar Waxwing - Robert Lake, Kelowna, B.C.


Hammond's Flycatcher - my house, Kelowna, B.C.


Common Terns - mouth of Mission Creek, Kelowna, B.C.


Dark-eyed Junco - campsite, Revelstoke, B.C.


Wandering Tattler - Iona South Jetty, Vancouver, B.C.


Lazuli Bunting - Beaver Lake Road, Winfield, B.C.


Canyon Wren - Vaceaux Lake Cliffs, Okanagan Falls, B.C.


Eurasian Wigeon - Rotary Marsh, Kelowna, B.C.


Glaucous-winged Gull - Gary Point Park, Richmond, B.C.


Pygmy Nuthatch - my house, Kelowna, B.C.


Steller's Jay - my house, Kelowna, B.C.


Least Sandpiper - mouth of Mission Creek, Kelowna, B.C.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment