Monday 28 October 2013

Who's getting bored of Munson Pond?

Today, following a lead of two birds : Harris's Sparrow and Snow Goose, I went to the same birding place I've gone in the last month. Both species I had already seen this year, but they're good for the month list. No luck on the Harris's when we got there ( the wind was madly loud and cold ), but I did get the Snow Goose.

Ironically, a fellow birding friend, Chris Siddle, was there already and had the goose in the scope. An immature bird, it's a good one for Chris and I's month list. We are battling it out for third in the Okanagan for bird species this year; me at 235, and him at 234. So far, I have the authority - Mwah ha ha!!! But he'll get me, I'm sure.

Here's two shots of the Snow Goose :


Snow Goose
 

Also on the water were around 35-40 Cackling Geese; an alarming total! Some were of the b.h. minima subspecies, which are darker and smaller.

Cackling Geese ( b.h. minima )
 
 
This will probably be the last Munson Pond post until I 'hopefully' get a Greater White-fronted Goose. You're probably getting tired of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment